Tuesday, October 28, 2008

After the rain...

It has been unbearably hot the past few days, so when it rained yesterday for the first time in weeks we were thrilled. The rain came down in sheets, it cut the heat and Bagamoyo was actually "cool" for the first time since we arrived. (By cool I mean 20 degrees rather than 40.)
Myself and two other girls even went for nice run along the beach because of the lovely temperature change.
The problem is that since the rain and since the sun set last night the village has been infested with bugs everywhere. It was the creepiest thing last night to go to bed watching bugs crawl on top of your mosquito net. There are flying beetles the size of two toonies flying all over the place. It's actually ridiculous the amount of bugs that are out since the rain fall. Some are obviously hatching on the pools of water lying in the roads. I saw the largest spider I have ever seen today--it was probably the size of business card. The bugs are out of hand--in the time it has taken me to write this post I have had two flying beetles land on me and I have probably killed a dozen smaller ones.

I have to get out of this room.

1 comment:

Hannuli said...

Ack! Bugs! At least they're not flying cockroaches...? Reading your posts daily. Sounds like a crazy and wonderful trip so far!